sexta-feira, 25 de maio de 2012

Cowardice to emigrate

Last week I was in Portugal and went out a few times.And of course everyone loves their pint  and nobody wants to take the car to Lisbon. (Sadly the only one who does not drink is me and I have no license, YET!) Anyway, so we usually take a taxi and off we go. The last time was no different, we stopped the car at the station and entered the first taxi we saw. In the middle of the trip Mr. taxi driver realized I am an immigrant and began his speech. He says he feels that is very bad this story of young people emigrating all "just because the country is not well We have been taking new blood and the necessary manpower and that what I did was cowardly.HELLO!? cowardice? I could already feel the blood pulsing in my veins, but restrained myself and gave the usual speech: "oh yeah, I love my country but here there are no jobs and i earned barely enough to pay rent " .... i hadn't even finished the first sentence and lordy turns around and tells me "in a bit you will be begging me for money, wanna see?! I SNAPPED!! Okay, everyone has their opinion, and i can see where he was coming from, but come on lets be reasonable people ... i  dont like to be treated as a "survivor" who left the country with a child in the arms and another in the hand, or like a hero for having courage to leave everything behind and start again. I did not leave anything behind. I'm in my 20s and it was now our never DOT So now the country needs me?! what about me? Anyway.... there is much more to be said  but I will not go deeper. all this to say, I am not coward and I am not a fighter.I'm just someone who wants more from life. capiche?

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

copyright

Pictures from this blog come from multiple sources. None of the pictures belong to me unless otherwise noted. If one of your pictures is on the site and you want it removed please write to inesdetavora@hotmail.com. The entire contents of the blog is authored by me unless stated so. any reproduction, in part or full of texts and images published here requires the prior consent of the author, writing for the mail inesdetavora@hotmail.com
Thank you
Inês xx